Vertical Mapper creates grids, or continuous surfaces of information, from point data by estimating values for cells between known points.
If you use location-based data — whatever industry or application need — you should be using MapInfo® Vertical MapperTM. Working seamlessly within MapInfo® Professional®, Vertical Mapper is unmatched as an effective tool to display, manage, and interpret spatial information.
MapInfo Vertical Mapper has a wide range of analysis tools that allow you to reveal trends in data; for example, a center for disease control can track the migration of an influenza virus across a region. Another asset is the software's unique prediction capabilities, whereby you can specify a test location and MapInfo Vertical Mapper will identify areas with statistically similar attributes. This means complex tasks such as analyzing all of the demographic and geographic variables used to locate a new retail outlet are reduced to a couple of mouse clicks.
No matter what field you are in (telecom, crime prevention, retail, health care, mineral exploration, to name a few), if you want answers from location-based data, you'll want MapInfo Vertical Mapper to find them. Derive new insight by turning your data investment into compelling, meaningful information to give your business the upper hand.
Create GridsVertical Mapper features modeling tools and a full suite of interpolators based on all standard estimation principles that let you build continuous surfaces, or grids, from existing point files or unmapped tables, regardless of data type. Easy-to-use wizards help novice users achieve meaningful answers while experienced mappers can adjust advanced settings to obtain more sophisticated results.
Vertical Mapper now includes 6 gridding algorithms:
- Triangulated Irregular Network (TIN) with smoothing
- Inverse weighted distance function
- Natural Neighbor
- Rectangular (Bilinear) interpolation
- Custom Point Estimation
- In addition, Vertical Mapper now includes modeling options for:
- Location Profiler
- The Location Profiler computes and averages the distance to a series of points from anywhere within a map area.
- Trade Area Analysis (for single or multiple areas)
- Display Grids
- Visualize trends in spatial information easily. Vertical Mapper grid colour settings define data variations and dynamic 3D rendering tools let you bring data to life. View multiple grids within the same scene, apply drapes to any open grid, and determine the degree of transparency for both grids and drape files. Vertical Mapper gives you a wealth of display options to generate impressive and intelligent data representations.
- Analyze Grids
- Enter a whole new world of geographic analysis made possible through grid technology. Whether you need to query and compare multiple layers of information, use complex mathematical expressions to create derivative grids, or perform line of sight analysis with the ViewShed function, Vertical Mapper had robust spatial analysis capabilities that help you gain new insight from your data.
- Overlaying one grid on another and applying a mathematical function (e.g. Subtract one grid with elevations from one data to a grid of the same area after land has been removed to come up with the volume of soil removed).
- Calculate steepness of slope or the direction the slopes are facing in a grid
- Show cross sections (e.g. What is the shape of the terrain from point A to point B?)
- 3D perspective view of the terrain with optional overlay of imagery (e.g. Airphoto or satellite image)
- Natural Neighbor (Voroni) analysis (Gridding based on categorical data, e.g. soil types)
- Location profiler (Calculate the distance from all points in the grid to one or more locations specified by you. Ised, for example, to identify customer locations, areas of high crime).